the farahway galaxy...

Sunday, October 08, 2006

All the world's a stage

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts..."
- Willi-O-Shakes


Have a huge test in two days but i cant help myself from posting today. I think this is what people call 'initial enthusiasm' when u start a blog. Well..whatever it is. I intend to enjoy it while its still there.
Dramanon stages its new play today in Manipal. Lots of old friends have crash landed there and even now, sitting miles away from them, I can feel the excitement and buzz. If only I were there too...

I always wondered if I would be so passionate about anything in life. Before i discovered the wonders of histrionics, I thought i had found my passion in singing. But then one play after the other, It became clear that theatre was it. Many people find my interest in theatre as mundane and boring. But nothing can beat the feeling of being on stage, being someone else and having 800 people in front of you actually beleiving you and appreciating you. Nothing beats the roar of laughter you get to hear when youve successfully executed a comic scene. Nothing beats the astonished looks I get to see on my friend's faces cos they never thought I could transform into someone else or essay a character so different from me. Nothing beats the creative satisfaction one gets after an appreciated performance.

Dramanon was that creative outlet for me. A place where I could forget myself for a while and be someone else for a change. And its heartening to see it outdoing itself every production. The people keep changing but the acts go on. As always, the costumes will be donned, the make-up painted, the production crew will be at their marks, the lights will go on and Dramanon will thrill. I may not be there. But here's hoping that amongst the 800 people that will be present today atleast one will be as influenced, touched or inspired as I was four years ago.

Best of Luck Dramanon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D

October 9, 2006 at 1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last week when u were in the "sin-land", n when u said u were wid yer theatre team, i wish i was there too..i was hopin i'd be invited but i wasnt..;)...well i dont blame u, u hardly knew me then..u barely know much bout me now for that matter..ok now thats a different thing altogether!!
But theatre is somethin that interested me always n still interests me..though i never had the opportunity to act in a play, i'm still hopeful i could get a chance to prove my prowess... :-p
probably u can give me some tips..no kiddin!!
n one more thing i'd wanna add before i bid adieu to this comment,,,wanna see u act in a play..:)
and if me not being able to act in yer play wid u, at least i could see u perform...;)
so long....(does that ring a bell??)..lets see...;)
so near yet so far....

October 10, 2006 at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home